Electronic Payments Mandatory in Cafes and Restaurants

Saudi Arabia has made it mandatory for all cafes and restaurants in the Kingdom to provide electronic payment methods to their customers in order to reduce cash circulation and allow consumers to rely on electronic payments. According to the Saudi Press Agency the move is part of an initiative launched by the National Programme to Combat Commercial Cover-up (Tasattur), which came into force from 29 July 2020. This is the fifth phase of the initiative designed to encourage retail stores and outlets to provide electronic payment methods. So far it has covered 50 commercial activities, around 70 per cent of the retail sector. The remaining 30 per cent of all retail activities must implement electronic payment services by 25 August 2020. Full story

About the author

Add comment

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.